Sunday, November 15, 2009

Simple Moments

I have always heard people say that they learn so many things from their kids.. I have thought to myself what can I learn from a 18 month old. But the last couple of weeks have shown me how much you can learn from simple moments with your child.

First thing that I learned was to sometimes you just need to slow down and read a book.
I have found Jaxon sitting in front of his books almost every morning. He gets on his little stool and reads his books. I need to remember to enjoy the quite moments and exercise my brain.





Second Thing that have family fun.

We had a fun Halloween season, with parties, pumpkin patches, corn fields and Candy. We had a fun time at the ward trunk or treat chili cook off. We also got to dress up and go over to a friends house!! we had a blast!!! It was fun to watch Jaxon get excited about going door to door to get Yum Yums,


Jeff was Hulk Hogan and I was wendy from the fast food restaurant

The third thing is take time to Enjoy the Season. Growing up I loved to jump in leaves. I would rack them up into a big pile and jump into them. I love the sounds that they make when you smash them and the different colors. It would always take me longer to walk home from school during fall because i would try and step on every leaf in my path. So the other day Jaxon, murphy and I played in the leafs.



The last thing that I have relearned was to cherish every moment. I look at my little boy and wonder where did the time go. He is not a baby any more and he is becoming a little boy. I love the sounds he makes when he laughs, when he runs around the house calling MOMMMY, I love how he always has a smile for me, I love how he loves to jump and play, I love his giggle, I love how when he is sad he likes to cuddle, I love the sticky fingers prints that I find on everything, I love the small and simple moments that I get to share with my little boy.


I love this little guy!!!

5 comments:

Emily T. said...

He's so cute. It's so fun to watch them learn and grow, but don't ya hate how fast they grow up. Hope you're all doing well!

K+N+N+A said...

what a great post! I LOVE the pix of Jaxon in the leaves... so beautiful. We miss you guys. :)

Love,
Nicole (and Kevin and Noah)
@>->--

jed said...

cute costumes! Very creative. :)

jed said...

That was really me (Emily) by the way - I didn't know I was logged on as Jed. haha

Heidi said...

aw! don't you love the ah'ha moments as a mom?! ;) it's such a HARD job that sometimes you've gotta step back and look at your kids with refreshed eyes. :) jaxon is so cute man! and your costumes ROCK!!!