Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Precious Moments

So today was one of those days that as I sit down and look back at the day I think holy cow.  I have learned a lot the 8 weeks that I have two kids.  There are going to be days that the dishes are not going to get done, the laundry will still be piled high and toys will be on the floor.  I just have to think even though I was peed on by my potty training son, asked WHY over a billion times, and I may not be mother of the year, I am grateful for the precious moments that I do have.  Like making a sweet fort with Jaxon while Graham sleeps, and reading books by flashlight.  Like Watching a big brother share is toys and want to sit in the bathroom with his little brother while mom takes a shower.  

As I sit down and look back at today I may not have the cleanest house, or have the answers to all of the whys but I do know is that as I sit here and look at this cute little face I know that I am doing something right.  I am so grateful to be a mother.  I hope that I can learn to be better each day and take no thing at a time.  I know that if I do I will enjoy more of  these precious moments.  


4 comments:

Heidi Allred said...

I love you mimz!!! It's killing me Ill be in Portland without you!

You sound like an amazing mom cuz there was no way I was building forts with an 8 week old!

LOve ya!

Heidi said...

he looks so much like jaxon! lucky boy! and you are a fantastic mom. lucky boys!!

Butler Family said...

both your kids are so dang adorable and getting so big. Being a mom of two is hard but you are such a fantastic mom and can handle anything that comes your way

Kelly said...

You are doing an amazing job! You are a great mommy!!! And you and Jeff have a sweet, sweet little family...lots of blessings! Enjoy every little moment, even if it doesn't smell very good! Love you guys!