Friday, December 17, 2010

Tis the Season to be Jolly,

 
Well December is almost over, and I cant believe it.  With Christmas and the baby coming so fast I figured I better get a post up before all the crazy happens.  We have had a great December so far.  So we started off the season  with putting up our little Christmas tree.  We had a great time together as a family.  Jaxon loved helping put on the ornaments and helping put the tree together.  It was really funny, he had watched a word world episode that talked about the star on the top of the tree and he kept asking me where our star was.  we put a snowflake on the top.  I did have a few star ornaments so he thought that was okay.  Even Murphy liked the tree.  I find him laying under it now and again.  So cute.  Love the way it makes our home get into the spirit of Christmas.




Jeff had the best idea this year.  He thought that we needed to make a fireplace so Santa could have somewhere to get into our house and leave the presents.  I didn't know how it was going to turn out so i was a little skeptical at first.  But i must say it turned out great.  Jeff's vision was perfect.  It is a big fireplace but looks great and Jaxon loves it.





















They weather has been cold but still bearable.  We even got to take Jaxon out sledding the first time it snowed.  He was not to sure about it at first but really enjoyed it by the end.  He doesn't like the cold snow in his face but he had a great time throwing snowballs and sledding down a small hill.




The rest of this holiday season is sure to bring more fun and joy.  There as treats to be made, gifts to wrap and joy to be felt.  I am so grateful for this wonderful holiday season.  It is a time to think and reflect on the love of our savior.  I hope that we all can stop and ponder in the midst's of the busyness of the season to think of the true meaning of Christmas.  I am thankful for a loving father in heaven who has truly blessed me and my family.  I cant help but think of Mary this Christmas, and how she felt as she held the savor in her arms for the first time.  For all of responsibility that came with being the mother of the savor.  I just hope as I get to hold my second child in my arms that I will feel a glimpse of what she felt that Christmas day.   Best wishes to all in this holiday season.

7 comments:

Emily said...

Wow! Tell Jeff I am sooo impressed by the fireplace. That is awesome.

Emily T. said...

I am impressed with the fireplace too! Good luck with the upcoming baby. New babies are so wonderful! Hope you have a great Christmas.

Chelsea said...

I LOVE the fireplace; way to go Jefferey Dale (I cannot think of him without calling him that in my mind)!!! Looks like you guys are having a great time. We miss you and can't wait to see you in a few months.

April said...

What a great idea that fireplace is! It looks amazing! You two are so creative!
The sledding pictures makes me a wee jealous... we are in dry New Mexico, and it just seems wrong to not have snow on the ground! :)
Miss you guys... Merry Christmas!

Heidi Allred said...

The fireplace is HILARIOUS! Man, it makes me miss you guys even more!Come and visit us!

Butler Family said...

love the pictures. can't believe how big he is getting and you really look wonderful

Michelle M said...

Yes, Jeff's fireplace is spectacular! Good luck with the upcoming baby... any day now I think!