Well I thought that I better get a Christmas recap in before the baby comes. We had a fun quite Christmas this year. But we did some fun things as a family. Jaxon and I made some sugar cookies. He had lots of fun rolling out the dough and adding more flour. I think there was more flour on his face then there was on the dough. He did a great job helping me roll out, cut and frost the cookies. It is really fun to see how he is in the helping, do it myself stage. It is really fun to see him learn and do things on his own. I love to watch him learn and grow.
For Christmas eve we went over to the Matthew's house. We had a bunch of yummy appetizers and sparkling cider. It was fun to hang out with friends and have a relaxing evening. We even got to play some games. The kids were watching a Christmas show so we were able to play a little bit while they were busy. I think the girls dominated in sequence but Adam beat us all in the bean game. Jaxon had so much fun playing with Andee and Brock. He loved when Brock would try to chase them. I think that he is going to be a good big brother. The kids also made cookies for Santa. It was really fun to see how excited they got knowing that the cookies were for Santa and they made them. Adam had heard from one of Santa's elves that santas' favorite cookies are snicker doodles so the kids went to work. Thanks for a fun
Christmas was really fun this year. Jaxon understood who Santa was and had a great time putting cookies out and finding what he left for him. It was the first time that we were not at our parents house for Christmas. It was weird that I was the "mom" and had to do everything this year. It was fun to be the one to stand at the bottom of the stairs and see his reaction as he came down. We were able to get on the computer with family and share prizes and feel as if we were together. It was a fun quiet day at home. The one funny thing that happened was we didn't want to make a big Christmas dinner for just the 3 of us so we thought it would be fun to go find some place to eat Christmas story style. But we soon found out that there was really nothing open. We found out that TGIF was open with a 30 min wait and we didn't want to wait that long... so the only other place was burger king. So we pulled in and could not believe how many people where there. So instead of waiting in line to find a seat we drove thru and brought it home to enjoy. Funny and different Christmas dinner but it was funny. We had a great Christmas together as a family.



2 comments:
the burger king thing is soooo funny. i would have done the same thing. it is different to not be home for christmas. but you are so grown up now, aimie. i remember when you were so young...ahhhhhh. the good old days. i am hoping the baby comes soon. when he does, you better text me! love you!
Oh man, this makes me miss you guys even more! I love and and please email me and let me know when baby comes and if you'll be in Portland when I am!!! Plan a trip!
Post a Comment