9 years ago
Tuesday, April 1, 2008
Graduation Speech!!!!
So I was asked by the principal of the high school I taught at last year to come and speak at Graduation. I was flattered but thought that with a baby coming we couldn't afford for me to go... so now worries I thought. But then he says that they are going to pay for me to come out. I couldn't believe it. So know my issue is what do I say to 85 graduating seniors. We all know of those boring lame speeches that we wish never even started. I don't want to have them want me to sit down!! So I am putting this out there for any advice of what to say or not to say. Should I be funny or emotional, or what. I have drawn a blank!!! If you could give me any advice that would be great!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
What a compliment! How cool is that? I am way impressed, but also at a loss as to what to say. I guess the only advice I would pass on is to enjoy the stage of life you are in at the moment because soon enough you will be another one.
All I have to say is that is too cool. You must be some teacher! That's Awesome ! congrats on the invite!!!
Wow, that's a great compliment! I would say to try to be at their level, definitely use humor, and just be light. Don't be too serious, but explain the cross-road they are at, and how they have their whole life in their hands to choose how it will unfold. That's so cool!
That is a tuff one - I have no idea (hence the fact that I would never be asked to speak at something like that!) My advice would be to keep it short & something funny - I'm sure that helps so much. Good luck!!!
Post a Comment